Here’s a super cute baby dinosaur number tracing worksheet – a great way for your children to practice their number formation.
Simply print it off, give them a pencil or some crayons and encourage them carefully trace over the numbers in the dino eggs – then when they’ve finished, they get to color it all in.
You can discover some more tracing activities here or you may want to download some of these other dinosaur printables perfect for little learners.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
This number tracing printable is designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Number formation – understanding what the numbers look like and how to form them
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare This Baby Dinosaur Number Tracing Worksheet
First you’re going to want to download the number tracing page by clicking on the download at the bottom of the page.
Then print it off!
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities!
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to trace over the numbers as carefully as possible and when they’re done, they can color in the picture.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these number tracing worksheets again and again, then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold). Practice makes perfect!