Here’s a cute little turkey counting game to add to your collection of math activities. As it’s turkey themed, it could also make an awesome Thanksgiving activity.
Can your little learners correctly count the feathers on the turkeys and match them with the right numbers?
This hands-on Thanksgiving math game is easy to prepare and can help your children develop those important counting and number recognition skills.
And let’s face it, children love to count! It’s one of the main preschool math skills and an essential skill for them to develop!
So why not grab this cute counting game and help nurture their little mathematical minds?
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this fun turkey game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the feathers carefully to ensure they are matching to the right number
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once
- Fine motor skills – they will have to use a good pincer grip to pick up the cards
- Hand-eye coordination – to ensure they can move and place the cards together
How To Prepare This Turkey Feather Counting Game
This one’s pretty straight forward!
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member today and get instant access to all the awesome activities!
Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to print the pages off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them looking nice and so your little ones can play the game again.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are ready to start counting those feathers and practicing some key early math skills.