Right, this is serious – Christmas is in danger! Can your little learners help save Christmas by joining the lines between the Christmas characters on these Christmas line tracing sheets?
These prewriting worksheets are great for your children to practice their prewriting skills – which are vital if they want to become to clear and confident writers! There’s two difficulties, and color and black and white versions are both included in the pack.
You may also want to check out and download these other fun and educational printables:
- Beginning Sounds Flash Cards
- Dinosaur Prewriting Sheets
- Road Letters – For Developing Prewriting Skills
- Rainbow Number Bonds To Ten Cards And Game
- Fish Counting Playdough Mats
If you’re ever unsure about a word that I or your kid’s teachers use you may want to check out (and download a copy of) my helpful parent’s guide to the words teachers say.
What Skills Can Your Little Ones Learn And Develop?
These Christmas line tracing printables are designed to help your children practice and develop their prewriting skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they wont have to switch hands if they want to write on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a fluid range of movement
These are all vital fine motor skills that will enable them to become great writers in the future!
RELATED Playdough can also be a great way to improve hand strength – you can check out an easy no cook recipe here!
How To Prepare These Christmas Line Tracing Sheets
First you need to download the tracing worksheets by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
That’s pretty much it for this one – just print them off, grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go! Their goal is to stay as close to the lines as possible as they move from left to right.
Gently encourage them if they find it a little tricky at first – learning all these new skills takes time!
If you want your children to be able to use these Christmas tracing worksheets again and again, then laminating them and using a white board pen would be a great idea (whiteboard pens are also a little chunkier so can be easier for them to hold). Practice makes perfect!
There’s also black and white versions if you want to save some ink and let your little ones color them in:
Grab theses Christmas Line Tracing Worksheets
Click below to download this Christmas activity:
You can also check out the other printables that are already available here.
If you and your little learners enjoyed this activity (or any of my other printables) then please leave a comment, spread the word and share using the buttons below!
Until next time,
Let’s nurture those neurons!