Continuing with the Halloween themed printables, here’s another easy craft for you and your little ones. This one is a build a zombie activity.
Brains… Brains… Let’s help develop your children’s brains with this simple Halloween craft!
These cute zombie templates are great for preschoolers to use because they’re so simple for them to put together!
And there’s a color and a plain template – so your little ones can choose the colors and decorate their own scary monsters!
It could also make a lovely activity for anyone having a Halloween party!
Here’s some more Halloween ‘build-a-‘ characters you may want to check out, if you get a few your little ones can mix and match – who knows what crazy monsters they’ll create:
- Build-A-Funny Flying Monster
- Build-A-Frankenstein’s Monster
And they may also enjoy making these awesome 3D Halloween characters:
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When using this build a zombie template, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some skills such as:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the pieces all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the pieces neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – when they’re sticking and picking up and moving the parts and placing them where they need to go
- Body Knowledge – We may not have green skin and long gray hair but most of the parts are the same
- Pencil Control – if you print off the black and white version they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring.
This simple zombie craft will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to place the pieces exactly where they want them to go.
How To Prepare This Build a Zombie Craft
First you’re going to want to download the zombie templates by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page – I’ve made a color and a black and white version!
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get access to all the awesome activities today.
Other materials you’ll need:
- Safety scissors
- Card stock or Craft paper
- Some good glue
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the templates, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out. Or if you’d like your children to get some cutting practice, you can let them have a go.
Then you can stick all the pieces together to build your zombie.
It can be really nice to let you’re kids have a bit of free rein here and see if they can work it out – kind of like a puzzle.
If they’re struggling, the order I’d do it in is:
- Stick the eyes to the head
- Stick the head to the body
- Stick the arms on the body
- Stick the feet on the body
(I expect you could have worked that out but I do like to be thorough…)
The finished one should look something like this:
What a cute little monster!!
If you want to, you could always laminate the pieces before putting them together and use them as a puzzle. That way the different parts would be kept nice and they can use them again and again.
I’ve also created even more cute characters which I will be releasing in the coming weeks so they could use them together in a mix and match game as well (if you don’t want to miss them you can turn on notifications by clicking on the bell in the bottom right corner).
A few more ‘build-a-‘ characters you may want to check out:
- Build-A-Unicorn Printable
- Build-A-Leprechaun Printable
- Build-A-Pirate Printable
- Build-A-Fairy Printable
After that you’re all done!
Let your kids practice their cutting and sticking skills in a simple and fun way!
But Wait… There’s Also A Black And White Build A Zombie Craft!
I’ve also made a black and white version which would be an awesome way for your little ones to practice their coloring skills and personalize their zombie in their own way!
So why not crack out the pens, crayons, paints or collage (or all of them if you’re feeling adventurous) and let your kids get creative!
I’d love to see what they create!