Although it may not always feel like it, spring is here! It’s the time of the year when the bees are out and can be found busily buzzing around the flowers in your garden. For that reason, I thought it would be nice to make a little bee math game.
It’s a cute, little number game to help your children develop their counting and number recognition skills.
Can your children carefully count the bees and match them to the flower with the correct number?
Other spring and Easter themed printables you may want to check out:
- Spring Flower Matching Game
- Spring Color Matching Game
- Easter I Spy And Counting Game
- Build An Easter Bunny Craft
What Math Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
When playing this bee math game, your children will have the chance to practice and develop some early math skills such as:
- Counting skills – they’ll have to count the bees carefully to ensure they are matching the correct flowers
- Number recognition – they’ll need to be able to recognize the numbers to match them up correctly
- One to one correspondence – this important skill (trickier than you may think) is the ability to only touch and count an object of a set once.
This springtime activity will also give them a chance to practice their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination as they’ll have to pick up the flowers and place them next to each other to make the correct pairs.
The game contains 10 number flowers (1-10) and 10 flowers with bees.
How To Prepare This Bee Math Game
First you’re going to want to download the game by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Once you’ve downloaded it, you’ll need to print them off onto paper or card.
Then, you can cut them out.
Once they’re all cut out, I’d strongly advise laminating them to keep them nice.
After that you’re all done!
Your children are reading to start counting and matching the flowers.
Now your kids can practice their math skills in a fun buzzy bee way!
I hope your children enjoy practicing counting with this game – be sure to check back in for more awesome educational printables.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss any, you can turn on notifications by clicking on the little bell in the bottom right corner.