Here’s another farm themed printable – 8 simple farm animal tracing and coloring pages.
This animals in this pack are: cow, bull, sheep, horse, goat, chicken, turkey and pig.
On each page, there’s the animal for them to color in and below that, there’s the animal name which they can trace to help strengthen those letter formation skills!
These coloring pages could also be great to use as templates for farmyard crafts or as a fun activity for anyone having a farm themed party.
If your little ones love coloring, you can check out more cool coloring pages here.
What Skills Can Your kids Learn When Coloring?
Now you may not think it, but there’s actually quite a lot of skills that can be practiced and developed when your children are happily coloring away.
These farm animal coloring pages can help your children practice and develop their writing skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
- Letter recognition – being able to recognize the written form of the letter
- Letter formation – understanding what the letters look like and how to write them
These are all vital skills that will set them up to be brilliant at writing in the future! But let’s not forget:
- Creativity – coloring is a great way to promote a child’s creativity. Will they stick to traditional animal colors or will their cow be a bright patchwork? Will they add a farmyard background so their little sheep has a home?
Coloring pages can also be great for children’s focus when they’re trying their hardest to stay in the lines, and I’m sure as anyone out there who’s ever picked up an ‘adult’ coloring book – they can also be a great way to relax and have a moment of calm.
How To Prepare These Farm Animal Coloring Pages
First you need to download them by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities today.
I’d advise printing them double sided if you want to make them into a booklet but you could also just pick and choose individual pages if you’d prefer.
If you print them all out, you could then staple them to make a farm coloring booklet to keep them all together.
That’s pretty much it – just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go!
How you could use these farm animal tracing and coloring pages
You can obviously just give your little learners the coloring pages and let them crack on. It’s good to just let them experiment sometimes and marvel at what they can create.
So now they’ve colored in the animals and they’re looking amazing! How about adding in their own background? Maybe have a look at some farmyard scenes in a book or online for inspiration.
Give them a blank piece of paper and see if they can use them as inspiration and make their own farm scene.
Or forget the pencils and crayons altogether and crack out the paints and let them practice brush control while carefully painting them.
They could also use the coloring sheets as templates for some cool farm crafts. They’d be great to do some collaging with. Just rip up some tissue or colored paper, get out the glue and get sticking.
If you print them 8 to a page and cut them out after they have colored / decorated them, you could them stick them onto a farmyard background to create a lovely scene.
There’s so much you could do with them so let them get creative and have fun!