Here’s 7 simple heart coloring pages which could be a lovely activity for Valentine’s Day!
There’s 6 patterned hearts on separate sheets to color and decorate and a page with all of the hearts on as well.
If your little ones love coloring, you can check out more cool coloring pages here.
What Skills Can Your kids Learn When Coloring?
Now you may not think it, but there’s actually quite a lot of skills that can be practiced and developed when your children are happily coloring away.
These simple heart coloring pages can help your children practice and develop their writing skills, such as:
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Hand dominance – developing and strengthening the skill of one of their hands
- Crossing the mid-line – this is the ability to cross the imaginary line running down the center of your body – it means they won’t have to switch hands if they want to color on the other side of the page
- Pencil control – holding the pencil correctly to allow for a full and fluid range of movement
These are all vital skills that will set them up to be brilliant at writing in the future! But let’s not forget:
- Creativity – coloring is a great way to promote a child’s creativity.
Coloring pages can also be great for children’s focus when they’re trying their hardest to stay in the lines, and I’m sure as anyone out there who’s ever picked up an ‘adult’ coloring book – they can also be a great way to relax and have a moment of calm.
How To Prepare These Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages
First you need to download them by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Not a member yet – what are you waiting for? Become a member and get INSTANT access to all the awesome activities today.
I’d advise printing them double sided if you want to make them into a booklet but you could also just pick and choose individual pages if you’d prefer.
If you print them all out, you could then staple them to make a heart coloring booklet to keep them all together.
That’s pretty much it – just need to grab some pencils, pens or crayons and they’re good to go!