Want a base for some lovely winter crafts? Well, these snowflake templates will allow you and your children to create and decorate a winter wonderland!
I think of these templates like blank outlines which you can cut out if you wish and use as the base for loads of crafts or just as coloring pages – just print them off and crack out the coloring pencils, paints or collage materials!
There’s 16 different snowflake outlines included in 4 different sizes (1 to a page, 2 to a page, 4 to a page and all 16 to a page).
Other winter activities you and your little ones may like:
- Christmas Phonics Game
- Build A Santa
- Build A Snowman
- Snowman Craft Templates
- Penguin Letter Matching Game
What Skills Can Your Children Learn And Practice?
Which skills your little ones will develop depends largely on how you plan to use these printable snowflake templates. Here’s a few that they could improve if you decide to get all crafty with them:
- Cutting Skills – if you feel they’re ready, you can let them have a go at cutting out the template all by themselves – they’ll need to be careful and have good scissor control if they want to cut out the template neatly
- Fine Motor Skills – if they’re going to use the template as a base for a collage, they’ll need to use their pincer grip to pick up the pieces and carefully put them where they want them to go
- Creativity – as the template is basically a blank canvas, your children will have a lot of space to exercise their creativity and decide how they want to personalize it
- Hand-eye coordination – to be able to understand what they are seeing and get their hands to go where they want them to go
- Hand and finger strength – the ability to be able to apply enough pressure to make marks on the page and hold the pencil firmly
- Pencil Control – they can practice their pencil control and develop hand strength through coloring this template in
These snowflake outlines will also give them a chance to practice their concentration and perseverance skills as they may find it tricky to make their creation look exactly as they want it to and may be practicing skills they are not completely confident with.
How To Prepare This Snowflake Outline
First you’re going to want to download the snowflake templates by clicking on the download box at the bottom of the page.
Materials you May need:
- Safety scissors
- Card Stock or Craft Paper
- Some coloring pencils or pens
Once you’ve downloaded the template, you’ll need to print it off onto paper or card depending on what you plan on using it for.
After that you’re all done!
Let your children’s creativity run wild!